There’s a host of popular horse races this week and our resident racing expert and massive United fan Tom Lee has been talking exclusively to our sister site FansBet to give his views, analysis and advice on some of this week’s races.
Tom will be on hand each week for the latest trends, stats and his opinion on which odds are worth checking out. Picking a winner can be a difficult task, especially if you’ve not got the time to check the form, conditions and all the other factors which can make a difference between a winning and losing bet.
Meetings, first race time & likely going description
Here’s Tom’s tips for today’s races, courtesy of our friends over at FansBet:
Tuesday 22nd January 2019
Ones to watch / Daily Pointers
- Note the first-time application of a tongue strap and cheekpieces on Mighty Thunder in race two at Kelso (1.25). Lucinda Russell’s six-year-old secured a breakthrough win over hurdles at the same venue 24 days ago.
- Winner of three of her last four starts overall, Lucinda Russell’s mare Alizee De Janeiro boasts lifetime form figures at Kelso of 6,1,2,1,2,5,3,3,1,1. Back at her favourite venue today, can she bring up a hat-trick? She faces just three rivals (1.55).
- Already the winner of a bumper and a novices’ hurdle from just four career starts, Ruth Jefferson’s Northern Soul faces eight rivals in Kelso’s two mile novices’ hurdle (2.55).
- Successful with all of his last four runners including a double at Exeter on Sunday, Lambourn trainer Warren Greatrex commits Mahlervous on a 692-mile round trip to appear at Kelso (3.25). The six-year-old, who has had wind surgery since disappointing when sent off favourite at Aintree last time out, faces six rivals at the borders venue.
- On target with three of his last six representatives and operating at a meaty 31% strike-rate for the season overall, Grand National-winning trainer Dr Richard Newland takes just one runner to Leicester this afternoon – Trigger Nichol flies the flag for him under Sam Twiston-Davies (2.40).
For a growing number of United fans, RedArmyBet are fast becoming the bookmakers of choice as we’re committed to giving 50 per cent of their net profits back to fans. To find out more about how they do it, click here!
And is that is not enough check out our Fan Boosts here. The best odds and an unrivalled range of special bets!
RedArmyBet, We All Follow United.
*all odds subject to change